The iTEC school pilots will be delivered in five overlapping 18-month cycles. Each cycle includes the following steps:
- Scenario development including:
- Desk research and stakeholder surveys
- Scenario workshop with partners resulting in selection of 20 mini-scenarios
- Online ranking of mini-scenarios resulting in 8-10 detailed scenarios
- Participatory design (PD) sessions with a focus group of advanced teachers. The sessions work on the detailed scenarios identified in the previous phase turning them into six prototypes.
- Pre-pilots with a focus group of regular teachers to test the prototypes. After the pre-piloting, the iTEC partners will take a decision on which ones of the tested prototypes will be used in the large-scale piloting.
- Large-scale pilots are prepared and then implemented.
- Data and feedback from the pilot schools is gathered from the processes throughout each cycle and provided at the end for analysis (resulting in an evaluation report).
The iTEC school pilots will be carried out in the following 14 countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia and Turkey.
Furthermore, some other European countries are involved through SMART, Promethean and iTEC Associate Partners. These countries may be different in each cycle.
School pilot schedule
Here you see the schedule for the five cycles:
Participatory Design sessions
Large-scale pilots: preparation
Large-scale pilots: implementation
|Cycle 1||February 2011||Apr – May 2011||Jun – Jul 2011||Sep – Dec 2011||February 2012|
|Cycle 2||June 2011||Oct – Nov 2011||Jan – Feb 2012||Mar – Jun 2012||July 2012|
|Cycle 3||January 2012||Apr – May 2012||Jun – Jul 2012||Sep –Dec 2012||February 2013|
|Cycle 4||June 2012||Oct – Nov 2012||Jan – Feb 2013||Mar – Jun 2013||July 2013|
|Cycle 5||January 2013||Apr – May 2013||Jun – Jul 2013||Sep – Dec 2013||February 2014|
The national coordinators are appointed by the Ministries of Education. There are two different roles:
- National Pedagogical Coordinator (NPC): a NPC is responsible at national level for the overall piloting in schools which includes organising Participatory Design sessions, selecting and supporting pre-pilot and pilot schools, and overseeing evaluation data collection and case studies.
- National Technical Coordinator (NTC): a NTC is responsible for setting up the technical conditions for pilots in schools.
For information on each country, please click here.